|Description||Private equity partnership|
Private Equity investments in the Low Carbon Economy Investing in Renewable Energy, Emission Certificates and Intelligent Energy Management
* Green Capital Group (â€œGCGâ€) is a new Private Equity partnership to invest in clean energy and in the opportunities created by a low carbon economy * Tackling climate change is an economic opportunity, an environmental necessity and a pillar of new energy policies around Europe. Reducing carbon emissions, expanding renewable energy capacity and improving energy efficiency are crucial elements of energy policies in Europe and in Italy with governments understanding the need for flexible, market-based approaches. * There is a general lack of direct experience regarding renewables as it relates to closed-end, institutional funds, but increasingly, proven investment managers are surfacing from both financial institutions and the operating side. As a result, the space is rapidly emerging * An increasing number of sophisticated institutional investors have identified clean energy as a discrete and attractive strategy. This interest is reinforced by the following:
1) the profitability and growth of the sector,
2) significant investment to date,
3) leadership and success of Europeâ€™s clean energy focus,
4) the insatiable and growing demand for energy from transition economies mainly in Asia,
5) the mainstreaming of the clean energy market sector, and
6) a new level of commitment by governments that have moved away from whether climate change is occurring to what are we going to do about it.
* The next decade will mark a period of significant capital investment in clean energy that, matched with sophisticated managers, should provide great opportunities for capital appreciation and growth. * Green Capital Group is raising a Euro 200 Million Private Equity fund dedicated to the space. The team has over 60 years of cumulative experience in energy and private equity.