|Description||finance tools for small biz|
|Seed, 5/11 |
|Series A, 10/11 |
Charles River Ventures
|Series B, 5/12 |
The Social+Capital Partnership
Charles River Ventures
Wave is an integrated online solution designed for small businesses.
There are several tools that work together, so small business owners have the insights and tools they need, all with one login.
1) Accounting by Wave is totally free. It’s a full double-entry accounting app, with financial dashboards, reporting, bank connections to avoid manual entry, and more. Guest collaborator features allow you to collaborate with a trusted accountant, bookkeeper or business partner, all in real time. Track multiple businesses from one login, with zero usage limits.
2) Invoicing by Wave is also 100% free, with no limits. Tools include customized invoices as well as estimates, with absolutely no caps or limits on usage.
3) Payments by Wave is available in North America, and works with Invoicing by Wave to collect credit card payments from customers, right in the invoices. Payments by Wave runs on an affordable and clear percentage pricing model, with no fine print.
4) Personal by Wave allows you to track investments and create budgets to gain better insights into personal spending. And if you use the same credit card for business and personal spending, we make it easy to properly separate these transactions.
5) Payroll by Wave is available in North America. At only $5 per month per employee, it’s an easy to use and affordable way to pay employees. Features include guaranteed accuracy, direct deposit, check printing, employee self service portals, and more.
6) Receipts by Wave is a free receipt scanning tool, with a web app as well as mobile apps for iOS and in beta for Android. Receipts can easily be scanned by a mobile device, uploaded into Wave’s web app, or emailed in (coming soon). They’re easily accessible, and immediately paired with accounting records.
Wave’s business model for free products is to act as a purchasing department or procurement office for small businesses. We’ll find discounted or advantageous pricing on products and services that matter, and present them to small businesses. Wave will be paid by the provider. In this way, we continue to offer many of our tools for free.
Personally identifiable information, and an individual business’s financial details, are treated with top security and never shared with a supplier.
Wave is an international small business tool, and can be customized for virtually any region and any currency. Wave Accounting launched its free online accounting program for small businesses in November 2010. We’re currently signing up tens of thousands of new small business customers per month, and have users in more than 200 countries. Since launch, Wave has secured more than $19 million in funding.
Wave promo videoAdded: 5/11/11
5 Things to Love about WaveAdded: 12/30/10
Business and Personal Accounting in One PlaceAdded: 2/18/12
Autocategorization: Numbers Crunch ThemselvesAdded: 2/18/12