OblakSoft focuses on technologies that simplify adoption of cloud computing. OblaskSoft offers ClouSE – a technology that allows cloud storage to be “plugged into” MySQL in a seamless and secure manner.
ClouSE is the Cloud Storage Engine for MySQL that can utilize cloud storage such as Amazon S3 to store relational and blob data. ClouSE provides fully functional, transactional and ACID-compliant relational data management on top of cloud storage.
Key advantages of ClouSE include:
- It provides transactional (ACID) guarantees to the users, with transactions featuring commit, rollback, and crash-recovery capabilities to protect user data
- It allows utilizing cloud storage to store user data
- It supports on-the-fly encryption of user data to guarantee its full confidentiality in the cloud
- It supports direct access to blob content (a.k.a. weblobs) to enable scaling out content delivery of large data objects (e.g. pictures, movies)
- It supports public, private and hybrid cloud configurations
Designed and optimized for cloud storage from ground up ClouSE uses eventual consistency management, compression and caching techniques to smooth out cloud storage adoption bumps such as non-strict data consistency, high-latency storage access, and higher storage access failure rate due to network failures. As a transactional storage engine for MySQL ClouSE opens cloud storage to SQL developers and SQL-based applications and reduces the need to retrain developers and rewrite applications to use new data processing paradigms, thus lowering the barrier for cloud storage adoption.